Thursday, May 3, 2018

my roots as a "professional"

i don't see myself as a professional anything, i just have the whole professional attitude.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

three years ago, i was bored after returning from my long hiatus from sl. i wanted something to do. grinder's was already gone so i couldn't sing, and i had no idea that being hired as anything was in fact something you could do on second life.

how and why are lost to time, but i ended up as a dancer for ezee at his club, and from there my then sister tarca got me to apply to a place called clint's joint. io worked there too, and maybe ezee but i don't remember.

i worked there for a time as a stripper, but i never made enough money on the listed tier to lose any clothing. one time i made enough to lose my top, but since we were on a moderate sim (who the hell puts a strip club on a pg sim anyways?) i had on pasties underneath to comply with the rules.

it wasn't too long before one of the staff members went absolutely batshit crazy and griefed everyone, and ejected all the staff present. we had all been snarking in our group chat about it, our personal clan chat, and i found out way after the fact that tarca then took everything we were saying to little one, the head dancer, and her dominant clint had us all fired.

cool. i remember being mad at the time, but it's been three years i don't give a shit now lol

briefly i worked at a place called club santorini as a host with tarca as a dancer, but when i lost internet for a couple months i was let go so discreetly i had no idea i was no longer an employee until i went to clock in for a shift. the bastards.

after that, in 2016 i began DJ training since i heard they made more linden than measly dancers. it took a few months of me mostly teaching myself with my trusty little program, when io and ezee stepped in and introduced me to sam broadcaster.

one night while they were training me via a group skype call, io decided i was ready. i made a general noise of assent in her direction, and she flipped the switch of the land we were on and made me live. needless to say i didn't take it very well, but they were both amused at my outrage and soothed my ruffled feathers to point out i was doing the same thing on air as i was doing off of it.

sometime that june i think it was, i got hired at a little club called mad hatter's. i made my debut early when diesel's stream wasn't working on his set, and i stepped forward and filled in for him. it made a hell of a first impression, that's for sure. after that i DJed that wednesday, thursday, and then friday as my official debut as DJ. that was when i also decided i only wanted to do it once a week.

i was there for a long time, and eventually after ezee super flaked i picked up a saturday shift at the old guard so io didn't up and die on me. two days a week was hard at first, but over time i got used to it and then even good at it.

december 2016 i submitted my letter of resignation to mad hatter's. i told fairie it was for a job opportunity, but the reality was i was furious over how my stalker had won her over as a friend and got himself unbanned from the sim.

i didn't return until the final week of mad hatter's before it closed down, to visit my friends and say goodbye. i don't miss it, but i miss some of the people. viper, rob, chel, chez, ..ha, i forgot their names. i guess their importance really has faded from my memory.

last year i got hired at a place called cougar's. worked there until the place closed, but i remain good friends with my boss, tigdon. he had made me the star of cougar's before guardian fucked everything up, but i don't miss any of my other coworkers since the place was a drama fest. io had worked there too, but had been let go for cutting her shifts early one too many times.

from there it was weekly at the old guard, monthly at divine sadism, and holidays at cfnm mansion when i wasn't filling in on a sunday party.

i was and am very proud for founding the divine sadism dances, and i still can't believe i DJed three of the four shows at fantasy faire. i still see myself very much as a small fry who doesn't know what she's doing, and i like it that way.

i'm nobody famous, my little fan club is tiny and i don't mind. i've got two jobs at two places that'll open soon, and that has me happy. i might luck out and get hired at this new place with bryan, i don't know yet. for all i know, i won't fit in there at all. i guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment