Friday, July 6, 2018

psychology and video games

no, this is not going to be one of those silly-ass pop psychology posts or something filled with bullshit pseudo-science. i like to think i have a brain, thank you very much. lmao

i'm just making an observation based on something i've noticed while playing skyrim. bethesda has really done their research into the psychology of video games, as i can't help but notice the way my mind reacts when i'm playing the game.

attachment to a horse, playing games with an adopted child, concern for followers that tail me into dungeons and caverns. it's quite brilliant actually, it's given me ways to analyze my emotions and process things in a new way without even really thinking about it.

in fact, it's somewhat inspired me to write a skyrim story. not sure if it'll ever see the eyes of others, but it's possible. all because of psychology and video games.

No comments:

Post a Comment