Wednesday, June 13, 2018

life goes on

instead of quoting a bunch of songs that happen to have those words in their lyrics, i'll just go with the old adage, "time marches on" instead.

with summer looming ahead, my life has become busy again. spinning sets, tinkering with my company, networking with friends, i almost don't have any time for myself these days, which admittedly is a good thing.

too much alone time and my mind turns to the dark, so every day and every night at least one friend is bugging me, either on sl, facebook, or my phone in general. while i am grateful and thank my friends from the bottom of my heart, i also wish they'd kindly take a long walk off a short pier, lol.

as grumpy as i've been with their love and support, they all know that i have no intention of following through with my threats of biting butts and swatting heads. truthfully, as much as it annoys me that i am being imed by several people a day, i'm also secretly glad. it's hard to spiral when friends are forcing you to go socialize.

i guess it's kind of like zookeepers tending to a crotchety old lion, while it's grumpy and roars and growls at them, maybe even takes a couple swipes at the employees, they know the lion doesn't mean it because the claws are sheathed and the roars are just annoyed meows.

i've even made a few new, close friendships in the wake of everything, and while they simultaneously amuse and irritate me, i wouldn't trade them for all the money in the world.

since i hadn't invested too much in kardoloth its loss didn't register that far on my emotional radar, although i do miss the friends i had made there. i often think about draven, keeran, zahla, and keedo and wonder what they're getting up to.

i was friends with aelithe, but i'm betting whatever lies parzival told aralithe was relayed to her sister. while it does mildly suck to lose a friend, if she decided to believe him, well then that's her choice. i didn't actually know her that well, and was in the process of getting to know her when i stumbled upon her sister's relationship. so, i hope she has everything amazing going for her, and i hope her character does well in kardoloth. her sister too.

they're both great women, funny, off the cuff, and have no-holds-barred personalities like me. i'm sure that's what attracted him to them, and i don't blame him. i'm willing to bet they're monogamous, which is what he needs. i just don't think he realizes that either, and hopefully he figures it out before tanking another poly relationship because he thinks through denial it's mono.

********************************************************************

with pirate days coming up fast, i've been trying to find a balance in shifting my attention to rl and remaining active on sl. pride is coming up in august, and july usually just means heat and me being grumpy because i have to stay home instead of seeing the fireworks.

in the mean time, been trying to stay close to my sisters in divine sadism because their support has been a great boon to me. i see the divine as strong, beautiful women who don't let the weaknesses of society tell them what to do, and the way they open their arms to me, no questions asked when i need it further cements why i call that place home.

heh, i also call more than one place in second life my home, because they are homes to me in different ways. so divine sadism, sha'halen, and whatever the name of the clan darken and lofty have in bloodlines is also home. three homes, plus my linden home. four homes. what is math? lol

i might have lost the original point of this post, but essentially, life goes on and so do i. one day, one moment, one second at a time. i have been dragged kicking and screaming, but i'm here, and i plan to stay. for whatever reasons i come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment